Last updated on April 14, 2019
Virtual box is the application that allows users to create virtualized environment, where users can install any application or OS according to their wills. To set the virtualized environment, you will first need to download these software:
- Virtual Box 5.2.4 or later
- Ubuntu 16.04.03 or later
- PowerISO 7.0 or later
In context to me, I am running windows 10 home version on my laptop. I have downloaded the
Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS, virtual box 5.2.8 and the PowerISO 7.1 for the 64-bit.
The complete steps taken to install virtual box in my PC:
- Steps 1: Go to the location where virtual box installer is saved. Simply right click on the file and choose open option as shown in the fig 1.1
In context to me, my virtual box setup file is saved in folder called ‘virtualization assessment 3 ‘.
- The setup window will pop-up for the virtual-box, with the option ‘next ‘and ‘cancel’. Click on the next as shown in the fig 1.2
- The next screen will appear with the option to choose the location, where you want to install the virtual box software. To default, it saves in C: drive – although you can change the location according to your wish just clicking on browse button.
I will go with default, now simply click on Next button.
- The next screen will pop-up with the options, to create shortcuts, entry in start menu and task bar as shown in the fig 1.4. I will leave this to default and click on the Next button. You can select the features according to your wish.
- The next screen will pop-up as warning that installation will interfere the network connection as shown in the fig 1.5 and temporarily dis-connect from the connection (Misha, 2015). You won’t have to worry about warning, just simply click on the Yes button.
- The next screen will pop-up with the final call to review or change the installation setting as shown in the fig 1.6. if you want to change the installation setting simply click on back button otherwise Click on Install option.
Read about :
Features you need to know about VMware vSphere 6.5 in my other post.
The installation will take some time according to the machine you are using to install the virtual box.
- During the installation, the screen will pop-up asking to install the USB software. Install device software for the USB otherwise the universal serial bus (BUS) features may show some issue in VM (Zongmin, 2017). Click on the install button as shown in the fig 1.7.
- The last screen will pop-up asking to open the virtual box as shown in the fig 1.8. simply click on the finish button and you are ready to use virtual box.
The virtual box will open automatically as shown in the fig 1.9 and now you can create the new virtual machine and manage them accordingly
That’s all folks, you are ready to go with the Virtual box.